Transforming Cancer Diagnosis
- Deployed in multiple digital workflows and used by pathologists in everyday practice
- Clinical grade accuracy
- Improved productivity and shorter turnaround time
- Reduced error rate and 100% quality control
- AI-based diagnostic tools: case prioritization worklist, slide viewer, IHC preordering, cancer heatmaps, grading, measurements, non-cancer findings, AI-driven reporting
Prostate cancer is among the most common malignant diseases in men worldwide, with more than a million new cases each year. Accurate and timely diagnosis is instrumental in guiding treatment decisions and improving survival rates.
However, accurate and rapid analysis of prostate biopsies remains a challenge, as increasing case volumes are intensified by subjectivity in Gleason grading, the small size of certain tumors, the large number of tissue cores per case and multiple other reasons.
Powered by AI and serving the world’s leading physicians, health systems and diagnostic providers, Galen Prostate is a clinical-grade solution that assists pathologists in improving the detection and grading of prostate cancer.
Clinically Proven Excellence
Outstanding outcomes in rigorous clinical studies at multiple institutes across the world, performed in different workflows and on various scanning systems and staining platforms1,2,3
Accuracy in Cancer Detection
– AUC 0.991
– Sensitivity 98.4%
– Specificity 97.3%
AI vs. Microscope in Primary Diagnosis
– 37% productivity gain and 27% reduction in diagnosis time
– Significantly lower rate of discrepancy with AI (4.84%) vs. microscope (7.13%)
Gleason Grading and More
|Gleason 6 vs. ≥7||AUC – 0.941|
|Gleason 3-4 vs. ≥5||AUC – 0.971|
|Perineural Invasion||AUC – 0.957|
Perineural invasion heatmap
Galen Prostate is CE marked, approved for use by ANVISA in Brazil and approved in additional territories. Galen Prostate is not cleared by the FDA and for Research Use Only (RUO) in the United States. Contact Ibex for more information on system configuration, functionality and indications for use.
1) Pantanowitz et al., An artificial intelligence algorithm for prostate cancer diagnosis in whole slide images of core needle biopsies: a blinded clinical validation and deployment study; The Lancet Digital Health, August 2020
2) Raoux et al., Novel AI-Based Solution for Supporting Primary Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer Increases the Accuracy and Efficiency of Reporting in Clinical Routine; USCAP 2021
3) Comperat et al., Clinical Level AI-Based Solution for Primary Diagnosis and Reporting of Prostate Biopsies in Routine Use: A Prospective Reader Study; The European Congress of Pathology 2021